Tuesday, October 6, 2009

San Francisco: A Model of Change

This coming year, I (Natalie) will be traveling across the United States and South America, working on Organic Farms and visiting cooperatives and exciting environmental initiatives which I will be sharing with all of you on this blog. One of the main places I would like to visit is San Francisco, as they have proven themselves to be a leader for environmentally-conscious urban living. As I looked for community groups in San Francisco to meet up with, I obviously came across their local ministry of the environment website, and was BLOWN AWAY with the accessibility of it, and how vast their resources and listings of the initiatives they are taking. Have a look for yourself. Below I've listed a web page that has a really cool link to a technology I've never heard of called SEE-IT which is AWESOME.

http://www.sfenvironment.org/our_policies/overview.html?ssi=15

If you know of any artist/activist/eco-conscious initiatives or groups happening in the San Francisco area, please give me a shout!

Cheers!

--Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment