Tuesday, January 12, 2010

At this rate...



It's official: our little Natalie has set off out into the world all on her own, escaping the grays of the Toronto winter for three months of nomadic wandering. First stop: Winnipeg. Thats right folks. Why the dang anyone in their right mind would choose, of all places, to hit up Manitoba mid January eludes me. Well, it did... until I saw this latest entry on Natalie's travel blog At This Rate featuring one of the most magical thrift shops I've ever seen in my life. We here at About Face love to save treasures from the trash, (I swear it's not just me. Why buy new things when we can get a little creative with some antique gem that would love to be salvaged?!) and by the looks of it, this collective of Winnipegeans (yes, that's the technical term) know what's up.

Nat's going to be reporting on cool shazz like this as she ventures. And don't worry, it's not restricted to the Canadian Prairies (though there is a stretch of highway between Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat that's totally blog-worthy). The list includes San Fransisco, Portland (oh my love), Central America and more... with reports on rad art and enviro initiatives... But I'll let her tell you the rest . I mean, I'm already impressed with the 'Peg! At this rate... I'll be hopping on my bike to catch up to her any day now, antique-packing trailer in tow.

-L

For the record: I actually love the Prairies. I once Jack-knifed a trailer on said stretch of highway and, as a result, met the recipients of the nicest people in the world award. There's also something magical about being able to watch the deer you were distracted by run away for three hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment